Feature moist tender meat, savory veggies and a flavorful sauce, this supper is among my specialties. My wife and I love hosting dinner parties, and it's one of the dishes we often serve to guests.—Garnett Brown Jr., Lexington, Kentucky
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh tarragon, thyme and rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 small onion, cut into chunks
- 3 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 3 medium carrot, cut into chunks
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine herbs, salt, garlic powder, curry powder and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon. Rub remaining mixture over roast; place in a greased shallow roasting pan. Combine barbecue sauce and mustard; spread over roast. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, oil and reserved herb mixture; toss well. Arrange vegetables around roast. Pour broth into pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast Supper in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p47
Reviews for Pork Roast Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review