Pork Roast Dinner Recipe
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 pounds large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1. Combine the garlic, fennel, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- 2. Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork. Pour broth over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Let meat stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1 cup vegetables: 369 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 5 lean meat