Pork Roast Dinner Recipe
I am single and love to cook, so I often cook for friends that either don't cook or who work nights. They love new recipes, and this was one of their favorites. The leftover meat makes great barbecue pork sandwiches the next day.Lisa J. Chamberlain, St. Charles, Illinois
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 pounds large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Combine the garlic, fennel, rosemary, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork. Pour broth over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Let meat stand 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast Dinner in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p68
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pork Roast Dinner(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >