Pork Roast Cubano
It takes me just minutes to prepare this recipe and the slow cooker does the rest of the work! It's a one-dish meal that's real comfort food for my family. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cubed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sliced papaya
- In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a
- 5-qt. slow cooker. Add black beans, sweet potato and red pepper. In
- a small bowl, mix coconut milk, salsa and ginger; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until pork is tender. Sprinkle
- with green onions; serve with papaya. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked pork with 3/4 cup vegetables equals 430 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of