It takes me just minutes to prepare this recipe and the slow cooker does the rest of the work! It's a one-dish meal that's real comfort food for my family. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cubed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sliced papaya
- In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add black beans, sweet potato and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, salsa and ginger; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until pork is tender. Sprinkle with green onions; serve with papaya. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Roast Cubano in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Roast Cubano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2014
"It is good, but it needs more heat!"