- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cubed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sliced papaya
- In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add black beans, sweet potato and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix coconut milk, salsa and ginger; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until pork is tender. Sprinkle with green onions; serve with papaya. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Roast Cubano
Sort By :
"I made this last night and the whole family enjoyed it! I must say, though, that you should rename this recipe. There is nothing Cuban about it (besides maybe the black beans)! I am of Cuban descent and this is not Cuban Roast Pork. The ingredients are definitely more Mexican than Cuban. Again, it was delicious, but the name is deceiving....you may want to change it :-)"
"It is good, but it needs more heat!"