Pork Ribs with Apple-Mustard Glaze Recipe
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place ribs, meat side up, on a broiler pan. Broil 4-in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
- Place onion in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with ribs. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pork Ribs with Apple-Mustard Glaze in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p59
Reviews for Pork Ribs with Apple-Mustard Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review