Pork Ribs Lo Mein Recipe
Sweet and savory Asian ingredients come together for a mouthwatering and hearty dish. Because they’re added later in the cooking process, the veggies still impart great texture.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the ribs, carrots and onion. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender. Remove to a plate; shred with two forks and return to slow cooker.
- 2. Stir in broccoli and water chestnuts. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine spaghetti and pork mixture. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups: 684 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 112g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Pork Ribs Lo Mein
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC