Pork Ribs and Chilies Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- 1. Place ribs in a deep roasting pan. Cover and bake at 450° for 30 minutes; drain. Reduce temperature to 350° and bake, uncovered, 45 minutes longer; drain. Allow to cool; cut meat into 1-in. cubes and return to pan. Combine tomatoes, broth, salsa, chilies and seasonings; pour over ribs. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- 2. Combine cornstarch in water until smooth; stir into rib mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer. Serve over rice. Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 269 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Pork Ribs and Chilies
"This was really good, both my husband and I very much enjoyed it. This is a recipe, I'm looking forward to serving to others at my table."
"This was DELICIOUS! I usually skip recipes without pics, but this recipe used all of the ingredients I wanted to use so I tried it out. The test kitchen must try and photograph this as it was divine!"