Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked pork (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pork, salt and pepper; heat through. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
- Place tortillas on a griddle. Layer one-half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 cup pork mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other half over filling.
- Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup salsa).
Originally published as Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2013
Good but not worth the work.