Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked pork (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pork, salt and pepper; heat through. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
- 2. Place tortillas on a griddle. Layer one-half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 cup pork mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other half over filling.
- 3. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup salsa).
1 quesadilla with 3 tablespoons salsa: 589 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 9g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa
"Good but not worth the work."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.