I threw this together one night when I was in the mood for quesadillas but didn't feel like going out. The homemade salsa is so fresh and wonderful, you'll absolutely want to double the recipe. —Adam Gaylord, Natick, Massachusetts
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each small green, sweet red and orange peppers, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked pork (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pork, salt and pepper; heat through. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients.
- Place tortillas on a griddle. Layer one-half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 cup pork mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese; fold other half over filling.
- Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup salsa).
Originally published as Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pork Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2013
"Good but not worth the work."