Pork-Potato Meatballs Recipe
"My family just loves these meatballs," writes Julaine Roach from her Mauston, Wisconsin home. Ground pork, shredded potato, green onion and mustard combine to create this savory sensation that's priced at just 48 cents per serving.
- 1 cup finely shredded peeled potato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches over medium heat; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add 1 cup water and bouillon to skillet; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Return meatballs to the pan; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 341 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Pork-Potato Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC