Pork Pocket Pasties Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the hash browns, carrot, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon into pitas.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush outside of pitas with butter. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Pocket Pasties
"Delicious! I will make in a pie crust next time, but that is just because I LOVE pie crusts! :) Very easy, very good, yum!"