Pork Pocket Pasties Recipe
I'm in my 70's and have spent many happy hours in the kitchen. I most often cook from scratch, but I can't resist these delectable pasties that call for frozen has browns.
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the hash browns, carrot, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon into pitas.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush outside of pitas with butter. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Pork Pocket Pasties
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC