Pork Pocket Pasties
I'm in my 70's and have spent many happy hours in the kitchen. I most often cook from scratch, but I can't resist these delectable pasties that call for frozen has browns.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Add the hash browns, carrot, onion, salt and
- pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Spoon into pitas.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; brush outside of pitas with
- butter. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.