Pork Piperade Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch x 1/8-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thinly slice Spanish onion
- 2 sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 cups canned plum tomatoes, drained (reserve juices)
- 1. In a small paper bag, combine flour and half of seasoning mix. Add few pork strips at a time and shake to coat.
- 2. Heat vegetable oil in a heavy 10-in. skillet; stir-fry pork until golden brown and tender. Remove pork to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- 3. Drain skillet. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Stir-fry onion and pepper until crisp-tender. Chop tomatoes; add to skillet. In small bowl, combine reserved taco seasoning and tomato juices. Stir until blended; add to skillet mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Return pork to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 169 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.