Pork Piperade Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch x 1/8-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 cups whole plum tomatoes, drained (reserve juices)
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and half of seasoning mix. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry until browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; cover and keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, heat olive oil. Stir-fry onion and pepper until crisp-tender. Chop tomatoes; add to skillet. In a small bowl, combine remaining taco seasoning and reserved tomato juices. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return pork to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 422 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1044mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Pork Piperade
"O.M.G this is SO good! I make this a lot but I use 4 green bell peppers because the green is cheaper than the red bell peppers. I also use 2 cans of stewed tomatoes instead of the tomatoes called for in this receipe. I have made this more than any other T.O.H receipe that I've collected over the years. I'm so glad I first tried this over more than 15 years ago. I can't believe that there isn't more reviews for this AWSOME dish! It's always been my "Go to receipe" when ever I want to make something that's really good. I will always make this for my family as well as for myself..lol. It's in my TOP 5 ALL TIME FAVORITES!! Please try this. I'm wanting to see how many of you T.O.H lovers will Love this! I always call this my "pork and Peppers" I think people see the Piperade word/part of this receipe and say "What's that?" It's just a fancy word for "pork and Peppers" You really got to TRY THIS ONE!!!"