- In a large skillet, saute leeks in 1 tablespoon oil until tender;
- remove from the heat. In a blender, combine the parsley, Parmesan
- cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Gradually add the remaining oil;
- process until creamy. Add walnuts and leek mixture; cover and
- coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Make a lengthwise slit in each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of the
- opposite side. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic
- wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap. Spread leek
- mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up from a long side; tie with
- kitchen string to secure.
- Place tenderloins seam down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cover and
- chill. Discard string; cut pork into 1/2-in. slices. Serve with
- garlic mayonnaise. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pinwheels equals 175 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.