- GARLIC MAYONNAISE:
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 3 teaspoons milk, optional
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- Remove the papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Brush with oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; mash until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise and milk if needed to achieve a creamy consistency. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute leeks in 1 tablespoon oil until tender; remove from the heat. In a blender, combine the parsley, Parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Gradually add the remaining oil; process until creamy. Add walnuts and leek mixture; cover and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Make a lengthwise slit in each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap. Spread leek mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up from a long side; tie with kitchen string to secure.
- Place tenderloins seam down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cover and chill. Discard string; cut pork into 1/2-in. slices. Serve with garlic mayonnaise. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen appetizers.
Originally published as Pork Pinwheels in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Pinwheels(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Roll-up Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >