"Lots of outdoor activity on our farm stimulates the appetites of my husband and three teenagers. This meal always satisfies them," writes Susan Miller from Marion, Illinois.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add the pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, brown pork in oil. Add salsa and
- peach preserves; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is
- no longer pink. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup meat mixture, calculated without rice) equals 237 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,