Pork Picante Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, brown pork in oil. Add salsa and peach preserves; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 237 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Pork Picante
"easy to make - my kids love it and ask me to make often"
"This is one of my favorite recipes for pork when I am in a hurry, I always have the ingredients on hand and my family loves the flavour of the spices and sauce.Jeannine Savard"
"This is a wonderful tasting recipe. A definite keeper in our home!"