"Lots of outdoor activity on our farm stimulates the appetites of my husband and three teenagers. This meal always satisfies them," writes Susan Miller from Marion, Illinois.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, brown pork in oil. Add salsa and peach preserves; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Picante in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p9
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Picante
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review