- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add the pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, brown pork in oil. Add salsa and peach preserves; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Picante
Sort By :
Easy to make - my kids love it and ask me to make often
This is one of my favorite recipes for Pork when I am in a hurry, I always have the ingredients on hand and my family loves the flavour of the spices and sauce.
This is a wonderful tasting recipe. A definite keeper in our home!