Pork Parmigiana Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut tenderloin into eight slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Dip pork slices in egg substitute, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is tender. Drain pasta; serve with spaghetti sauce and pork. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
2 slices of pork with 1/2 cup pasta and 1/2 cup sauce equals 365 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.