Though she’s from Salt Lake City, Utah, Julee Wallberg brings home the flavors of Italy with this tantalizing Parmigiana. Baked in mere minutes, the crispy yet moist pork tenderloin makes an easy breezy dinner your family will love!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Place spaghetti sauce in
- a small saucepan; cook over low heat until heated through, stirring
- Meanwhile, cut tenderloin into eight slices; flatten to 1/4-in.
- thickness. Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. In another
- shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Dip pork slices in egg substitute, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425°
- for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is tender. Drain pasta;
- serve with spaghetti sauce and pork. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices of pork with 1/2 cup pasta and 1/2 cup sauce equals 365 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 878 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,