Pork Parmesan Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip each pork chop in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Top each chop with tomato sauce and cheese; cover and simmer for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: To prepare this recipe in a microwave, place breaded pork chops on a microwave-safe plate. (Omit oil.) Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Rotate plate and microwave 4 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Top each chop with tomato sauce and cheese; microwave for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. This recipe was tested using a 700-watt microwave.
1 each: 213 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Pork Parmesan
"I didn't LOVE this recipe the way I have gone nuts for some one the other stuff on this website, but my husband asks for it at least once a week. It is not awful to me, just not a whole lot of flavor."