Pork Parmesan Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip each pork chop in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Top each chop with tomato sauce and cheese; cover and simmer for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.