- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip each pork chop in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Top each chop with tomato sauce and cheese; cover and simmer for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Parmesan
"Easy and good! after browning on stove top I cooked in the crock pot on low for 4.5 hours with the sauce mixture on top. Placed cheese on top during last 30min in slow cooker."
"I didn't LOVE this recipe the way I have gone nuts for some one the other stuff on this website, but my husband asks for it at least once a week. It is not awful to me, just not a whole lot of flavor."