I came up with this entree by substituting pork for veal. You could even use chicken.—Kenna Robinson, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and paprika. In another bowl, beat egg. Dip each pork chop in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook pork chops over medium heat in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Top each chop with tomato sauce and cheese; cover and simmer for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Parmesan in Country Woman May/June 1998, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review