The spread on this sandwich is a unique blend that goes perfectly with pork. It's easy enough for a weeknight, but special enough for company. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium red potatoes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked pork, sliced
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half widthwise (save one half for another use). Cut bread in half horizontally; cut into fourths widthwise. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and cumin; spread over bread. Layer each with pork, pickles and cheese. Replace tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with fries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Panini & Spiced Fries in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p13
Reviews for Pork Panini & Spiced Fries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review