- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium red potatoes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked pork, sliced
- 8 dill pickle slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half widthwise (save one half for another use). Cut bread in half horizontally; cut into fourths widthwise. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and cumin; spread over bread. Layer each with pork, pickles and cheese. Replace tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with fries. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Panini & Spiced Fries
Sort By :
I enjoyed this recipe for leftovers but I thought the fries were what made this meal.
My husband loved this and I did as well!!! We had some leftover spread that we used on the panini and also used it as dip for the fries. I think I would use about 1/2 the cayenne pepper it calls for.
This review is for the fries ONLY! They were excellent. I made some with the cayenne pepper and some without (as we have people who enjoy spicy food and those who do not). I was told the spicy fries were excellent and I'm sure they were because the non-spicy ones were very very good.
I will be making these fries again and again and again.
Because I do not have a panini maker I am not going to review the sandwich (even though I made them). We did not care for them at all and I feel that is probably because I was not able to cook them properly. I have added a panini maker to my kitchen gadget wish list and will make the sandwich again when I have the proper tools.
Made this with leftover pork roast. Came out great! Loved the taste of the sauce and pickles with the pork.
We really liked this. I don't have an indoor grill so just made it like I would grilled cheese. I added some leftover ham I had in the freezer as well. Really liked the fries too.