This recipe was given to me by a fellow I used to work with. We both enjoyed trying new recipes. The pork mixture is also great over rice.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound pork chop suey meat or boneless pork loin cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon peach preserves
- Flour tortillas
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine pork and taco seasoning; toss to
- coat. In a saucepan, brown pork in oil over medium heat. Stir in
- salsa and peach preserves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender. Serve with
- tortillas. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,154 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.