Pork Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Dash cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pork ramen noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, asparagus, cabbage, parsley, tarragon and cayenne if desired. Bring to a boil.
- Coarsely crush the noodles. Add the noodles with the contents of the seasoning packets to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender. Add pork; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Pork Noodle Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p48
Reviews for Pork Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review