Pork tenderloin is deliciously showcased in a smooth sauce with fresh lemon and herb flavor. "Served over noodles, this entree has become one of our family's favorites," comments Darlene Sheridan of Phoenix, Arizona.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, stir-fry pork in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, tarragon and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Return pork to the pan. Combine the flour and sour cream; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Stroganoff in Quick Cooking December 2000, p14
Reviews forPork Mushroom Stroganoff
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2012
"Good recipe but a little bland. I served it to several guests and everyone added salt and a little more pepper. Next time I will add a tsp of Dijon."