Pork Medallions with Sauteed Apples Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, broth and apple juice. In a nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add apples, green onions and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- 2. Mix thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Pound pork slices with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasonings.
- 3. Place pork on a broiler pan. Broil 3 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with apples. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup apples equals 251 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Sauteed Apples
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer