Pork Medallions with Raspberry-Balsamic Sauce
When I entertain, I prefer spending time with company to being holed up in the kitchen. This fast entree lets me serve a spectacular dinner with almost no hassle. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Flatten pork to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil for 3-5 minutes
- on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add the
- jam, vinegar and mustard to the pan. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes
- or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 271 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.