- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, cut pork tenderloin into eight slices; flatten slightly. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal and lemon peel. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, pomegranate juice, brown sugar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and wild rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Medallions with Pomegranate Sauce in Country Woman December/January 2013, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Pomegranate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >