Pork Medallions with Pomegranate Sauce Recipe
Stovetop pork medallions cook up moist, lean and tender. Serve with rice to make sure you get every drop of the tangy pomegranate sauce.Elizabeth Dumont, Boulder, Colorado
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, cut pork tenderloin into eight slices; flatten slightly. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal and lemon peel. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the broth, pomegranate juice, brown sugar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with pork and wild rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Medallions with Pomegranate Sauce in Country Woman December/January 2013, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Pomegranate Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >