- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Flatten pork to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip pork in the flour, eggs, then bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in 1/4 cup butter for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove and keep warm. Meanwhile, place strawberries in a food processor. Cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Add the pureed strawberries, water and bouillon; heat through. Serve pork with sauce. Garnish with sliced strawberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Garlic-Strawberry Sauce
"My husband and I just finished eating this and we were speechless! We never would have thought that these flavors would taste so good together."
"This are moist and juicy inside and crispy, crunch on the outside. I didn't have enough strawberries so I made up the shortage with peaches. Wow!"
"Great combination of flavors."
"Family loved it"
"I really enjoyed the flavor on this with the strawberry. I cut back on the garlic so more of the pork/fruit flavor would come through."
"So good! I made this for a dinner with friends and we couldn't get enough. The sweet strawberries in the sauce is the perfect complement to the savory-ness of the pork. I would definitely make this again and I will prepare my pork like this in the future trying other sauces too!"
"The whole family loved this."
"I thought I would love this recipe as I am the ultimate sweet sauce with salty meat fan but I gotta say I wasn't a fan. Not sure if there was something wrong with my strawberries but the sauce was awful. The breaded pork tasted like chicken fried rice because of the egg. Too bad - I thought this would be a winner."