Pork Medallions with Garlic-Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Flatten pork to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip pork in the flour, eggs, then bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in 1/4 cup butter for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove and keep warm. Meanwhile, place strawberries in a food processor. Cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Add the pureed strawberries, water and bouillon; heat through. Serve pork with sauce. Garnish with sliced strawberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without sliced strawberries) equals 469 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 815 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.