- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Place 2 cups strawberries, water and bouillon in a food processor; process until blended. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip pork in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in eggs, then in crumbs, patting to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until tender, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, saute garlic in remaining butter 1 minute. Stir in strawberry mixture; heat through. Serve with pork. If desired, top with sliced strawberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Garlic-Strawberry Sauce
"My husband and I just finished eating this and we were speechless! We never would have thought that these flavors would taste so good together."
"This are moist and juicy inside and crispy, crunch on the outside. I didn't have enough strawberries so I made up the shortage with peaches. Wow!"
"Great combination of flavors."
"Family loved it"
"I really enjoyed the flavor on this with the strawberry. I cut back on the garlic so more of the pork/fruit flavor would come through."
"So good! I made this for a dinner with friends and we couldn't get enough. The sweet strawberries in the sauce is the perfect complement to the savory-ness of the pork. I would definitely make this again and I will prepare my pork like this in the future trying other sauces too!"
"The whole family loved this."
"I thought I would love this recipe as I am the ultimate sweet sauce with salty meat fan but I gotta say I wasn't a fan. Not sure if there was something wrong with my strawberries but the sauce was awful. The breaded pork tasted like chicken fried rice because of the egg. Too bad - I thought this would be a winner."