Pork Medallions with Dijon Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Cut pork widthwise into 6 pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in butter over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Slice green onions, separating the white and green portions; reserve green portions for garnish. In the same pan, saute white portions for 1 minute. Stir in wine.
- 3. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Add milk. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Whisk in mustard. Serve pork with Dijon sauce. Garnish with reserved green onions. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving equals 323 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.