Pork Medallions with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in batches over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic and five-spice powder to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 190 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Cranberry Sauce
"My children are incredibly picky eaters, and I always know they'll eat this. They like plain cranberry sauce, but my husband and I really like the jazzed-up version in this recipe."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.