Pork Medallions with Cranberry Sauce
Birthdays, promotions and anniversaries don’t always happen on the weekend, so it’s nice to have a few quick and special weeknight recipes like this one on hand. Our tasters were impressed by the tangy and smoky flavors we found in
such a simple-to-prepare entree. —Catherine Higgins, Bountiful, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook pork in batches over medium heat for
- 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep
- Add the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic and five-spice
- powder to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 190 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,