Birthdays, promotions and anniversaries don’t always happen on the weekend, so it’s nice to have a few quick and special weeknight recipes like this one on hand. Our tasters were impressed by the tangy and smoky flavors we found in such a simple-to-prepare entree. —Catherine Higgins, Bountiful, Utah
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork in batches over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic and five-spice powder to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Medallions with Cranberry Sauce in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p30
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Cranberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2013
"My children are incredibly picky eaters, and I always know they'll eat this. They like plain cranberry sauce, but my husband and I really like the jazzed-up version in this recipe."