Pork Medallions with Brandy Cream Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, flatten pork slices to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in oil and 2 tablespoons butter in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cream, brandy, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- 4. Drain linguine. Stir tomatoes into sauce mixture; add pork and heat through. Serve with linguine and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 937 calories, 55 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 210 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Medallions with Brandy Cream Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.