Pork Medallions with Asian Flair
“When I became serious about losing weight and getting healthy, my kids missed the Chinese delivery that I used to order so frequently. I combined a few recipes to come up with this tasty winner.” Dianne James - Edmond, Oklahoma
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute pork in oil in batches until
- tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan; cook and stir over medium
- heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan;
- heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork (calculated without rice) equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.