Pork Medallions in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, sherry or broth, ketchup, corn syrup and orange peel; set aside.
- 2. Flatten pork to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Pour juice mixture into the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Return pork to the pan; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pork Medallions in Orange Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.