Pork Medallions in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, sherry or broth, ketchup, corn syrup and orange peel; set aside.
- Flatten pork to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Pour juice mixture into the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Return pork to the pan; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions in Orange Sauce(7)
Sort By :
I simmered the sauce for the stated amount of time and didn't worry about the amount. The fact that the pork pieces were lightly coated made it seem healhier. I'm not a big fan of corn syrup, has anyone used flour as a thickener instead? Dpartis - did you possibly use a pork roast instead of a tenderloin?
This was very good and so easy.
How does one reduce a scant cup of liquid to one cup and in 15 minutes yet???
I am a learning new cook of 72. I alos noted the short amount of liquid, but also have a problen with the tenderloin. It calls for cutting into 1/2 inch slices. then pounding it to 1/4 inch. At the end it calls for letting it rest then slicing into rounds, according to the picture. How did it get into a roll to do this. Something seems to be missing. Mine were flat pieces and cooked dry, unfortunately.
Thanks for the suggestions. I also added more broth to increase to amount of sauce, but I like your soy sauce idea and will try it next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >