Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce for Two Recipe
Mustard and apple juice liven up lean pork tenderloin, creating a dish that’s ideal for special occasions. Tahnia Fox - Trenton, Michigan
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2-1/4 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, juice concentrate and mustard; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a small nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Add reserved broth mixture, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
- Return pork to the pan; cover and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce for Two in Healthy Cooking
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions in Mustard Sauce for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >