- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Slice tenderloin into 1/2-in.-thick medallions. In a skillet, brown pork in oil for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet melt butter. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, rosemary, savory, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Lay pork medallions over mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Medallions(1)
Sort By :
Seriously my favorite pork recipe! I found a similar one on AR, bookmarked it, then they deleted or changed it completely! Finding this one is heavenly:) Making it w/center cut chops tonight instead of the tenderloin.