- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup apple cider or juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 20 small fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the egg, chow mein noodles, 2 tablespoons cider, soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- On 10 soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread peppers and mushrooms; add one meatball to both ends of each skewer. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, vinegar and remaining cider and ginger until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/4 cup glaze over the kabobs. Loosely cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning and brushing with drippings every 2 minutes. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Pork Meatballs Kabobs in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p24
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Meatballs Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2013
"I think this might be a lot better if grilled. I couldn't eat more than a few small bites because I couldn't get past the white/gray color of the pork."