This recipe is one of my favorites. My mom used to make the moist, flavorful meatballs often, and they were part of our traditional dinner on Shrove Tuesday, served with homemade gnocchi. -Joan Newberry, Indiana, Pennsylvania
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 slice bread, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into ten 2-in. balls.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Place meatballs in the broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the meatballs; cook 15 minutes long or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Meatballs in Reminisce Extra October 2003, p52
Reviews for Pork Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review