Pork Marsala Recipe
- 4 ounces linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the wine, tomato paste, salt and pepper until blended. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Drain linguine; serve with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup pork mixture with 1 cup linguine equals 562 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Pork Marsala
"This is a nice recipe. We do occasionally get tired of fighting with linguine so I used rotini. I did leave out the salt because I have a low salt hubby and I used beef broth with no-salt added to have less sodium. That made this dish low enough that he could eat all he wanted and enjoy it and...he did. Me too."
"This dish is outstanding. It is so easy and rich with flavor that it could definately be a dish fit for a king."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.