- 4 ounces linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked pork tenderloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the wine, tomato paste, salt and pepper until blended. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Drain linguine; serve with pork mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Marsala in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p44
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Marsala
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2009
This dish is outstanding. It is so easy and rich with flavor that it could definately be a dish fit for a king.