Pork Loin with Spinach Stuffing Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Set aside 1/2 cup spinach for sauce. In a skillet, saute onion, garlic and remaining spinach in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and salt.
- 2. Separate roast into two pieces; spoon spinach mixture onto one piece of meat. Top with second piece; tie with kitchen string. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- 3. Combine the orange juice, soy sauce and ketchup; pour half over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Baste with remaining orange juice mixture. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4. In a saucepan, combine the sour cream, horseradish, mustard, seasoned salt, dill and reserved spinach. Cook over medium heat just until heated through (do not boil). Serve warm with pork. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 254 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Pork Loin with Spinach Stuffing
"This recipe has been used for at least the last 2 Christmas dinners and going to use it again this year. Guests LOVE this recipe."
"I can't count how many times I've made this recipe,my family loves it and it never fails to impress company."
"By the way, the leftovers are delicious thin-sliced in sandwiches the next day!"
"Have served this several times to company and everyone loved it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.