Pork Loin with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with 3/4 teaspoon salt, sage and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain raspberries, reserving juice. Set aside 1/3 cup berries. In a sieve, mash remaining berries with the back of a spoon; reserve pulp and discard seeds.
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and remaining salt. Stir in the vinegar, reserved raspberry juice and reserved pulp until blended. Add remaining raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add lemon juice and butter. Stir until butter is melted. Let pork stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the raspberry sauce.
Freeze option: Prepare raspberry sauce; transfer to a freezer container. Place sliced pork in freezer containers. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw pork and sauce in refrigerator overnight. Heat sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Microwave pork, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
3 parfait: 237 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pork Loin with Raspberry Sauce
"I made with 1.5 pound pork tenderloin and followed to a t, except b/c of the weight difference, I baked for 55 minutes, took out of oven and covered with foil for 20 mts, it was done perfectly. Very moist and melt in your mouth. Seasoning, sauce everything was great. It was a hit in my house."
"my family loves this dish"
"the meat was season just right..great flavor and the sauce was not to sweet but just perfect with the blend of meat ...great holiday meat to have at your table"