Pork Loin with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Raspberries add rub red color and fruity sweetness to the sauce that enhances Florence Nurczyk's savory pork roast. "This is an easy way to transform everyday pork into a special-occasion main dish," she writes from Toronto, Ohio.
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with 3/4 teaspoon salt, sage and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile drain raspberries, reserving juice. Set aside 1/3 cup berries. In a sieve, mash remaining berries with the back of a spoon; reserve pulp and discard seeds.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and remaining salt. Stir in the vinegar, reserved raspberry juice and reserved pulp until blended. Add remaining raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add lemon juice and butter. Stir until butter is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Loin with Raspberry Sauce in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Loin with Raspberry Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >